Friday, April 3, 2009

I love the 3rd of the month!

For the past few weeks, i have been reading a proverb a day; the chapter number for the calendar day. Today's reading is Proverbs 3.

Up until today, i would sit in my car before going into work and read a chapter, looking for that one or two verses that I wanted to take with me that day. Today, I am at my desk early, reading proverbs from http://www.youversion.com/, an online bible and community. On it, you can read the contributions of other readers, and "star" verses that you would normally underline in your bible.

Most days, i'll read proverbs and find a couple of verses that are noteworthy in my book, and share them with others. Today, that will be hard, because the whole blessed chapter is awesome!

Ever heard the verse, "Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways aknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." it's in Proverbs 3, verses 5-6.

What about this one: "My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." Proberbs 3, vs 11-12

Want to see more? go to http://www.youversion.com/, type in Proverbs 3.

As you read, ask God to challeng you, to show you where these proverbs apply to your life. Don't just read them; study them. memorize them. meditate on them. APPLY them.

Hope you have an awesome God filled blessed day - Let God pour into you, so that He can pour you out on others.

No comments: