Sunday, January 10, 2010

FINALLY! One Year Bible Plan has begun!

I've been meaning to post about my goal of reading through the Bible in a year, and haven't been able to carve out some time until now. So, here we go! I've read through the new testament letters many times, and most of the Gospels. I've also read from Genesis through 1 Chronicles, Proverbs, and all the Minor Prophets. But, I've never read ALL of the Bible, let alone in one year. So I've decided to do so for 2010.

I have found a great resource for mapping out a plan to read through the Bible in a year - http://www.youversion.com/. It has numerous different reading plan options, tracks your progress, and can also be set up to email you or someone else to provide you accountability - pretty slick! What's even better is that now they have synchronized the online version with the mobile version, so you can update your progress from your phone!

So anyways, I plan to use this blog during my reading to update my progress, to keep me accountable to my goal, and more importantly note anything i found to be significant to me at the time, questions i had, or whatever else that may relate to my reading for the day. I've set my start date to January 7th, and will finish on December 31, 2010 and am reading through based on a chronological reading plan by blueletterbible.org (http://www.blueletterbible.org/reader/daily/#plan4).

Hope you'll join me and read along, or read another plan at another pace that suits your needs. At the end of the day, the point is not to merely to just read the Bible, but to be transformed by it, so that we put into practice what it says.

No comments: